Clothing and Foods Revue
Bayfield County Fair
Foods Revue and Clothing Revue
Sat. June 20, 2015
Foods Revue 10—12 u Clothing Revue 12:30—2:30
Registration Deadline is June 15, 2015
All members in the Foods and Nutrition project are invited to participate in this fun and educational event. The theme again this year is “Healthy Living.” Here’s what to do:
1. Select a main dish food that fits with the theme of healthy living. This should be a food that is relatively low in sugar and fat and has good nutrition for the body.
2. Practice preparing your food using your selected recipe.
3. Plan a menu in which the food will be used.
4. Plan the table service needed to attractively serve the food. Include dishes, silverware or other utensils, table linen or placemat, and a centerpiece.
5. The day of the revue you will prepare the food at home, then take the food to where the revue will be held, along with the table service and two display cards: one with the recipe and one with the menu.
6. Set up your display at the Foods Revue. Table space will be provided for each exhibitor.
7. Be prepared to talk with the judge and answer questions about the nutritional value of the food and why you selected it. Also be prepared to talk with the judge about how you prepared the food in a sanitary and healthy way, the menu you selected, and your choice of table service.
The UWEX office has “Healthy & Homemade Meals” 2015 calendars with recipes, menu ideas, and nutrition information that would be a great resource for you to prepare for the Foods Revue. If you’d like to have one of these calendars, contact Donna at the UW-Extension Office (715) 373-6104 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in the Clothing, Knitting, or Crocheting projects you are invited to participate in this year’s Clothing Revue. This is a judged fair event with premiums that gives you a chance to model garments and accessories you’ve made and get constructive feedback from a knowledgeable judge.
What happens at the Clothing Revue?
When you arrive you’ll receive a program and see the order that modeling and judging will take place. When it’s your turn, you’ll model with a small group of other participants and then meet with the judge for face to face evaluation of your garment, accessories, and the total effect of the outfit on you. You’ll be asked questions about challenges faced in making your garment and what you did about them. Most participants find this a really great way to learn what they’re doing right and what they can do better or easier.
What do I need to do to participate?
Complete and send in the registration form in by June 15. If you have more than one item to model, fill out additional registration forms. (See the premium list categories also in this newsletter.) Questions? Contact Donna at the UW-Extension Office by phone (715) 373-6104or e-mail email@example.com
We hope to see you at this year’s Clothing Revue!
Foods & Clothing Revue - Premium List Information & Registration Form