Important Bayfield County Tax Dates
- January 1 – Effective date of annual assessment. (70.10)
- January 31 – First installment of real estate taxes and personal
property taxes due.
- On or before February 15 – Town, Village and City Treasurers
must make settlement with the County Treasurer for State and County
- 2nd Monday in June – Clerk’s Statement or Assessment due. (74.03)
- July 31 – Second installment of Real Property Taxes due. (74.03(2))
- Not later than 1st Monday in September – County Equalization
meeting (Committee or County Board). (73.05(4))
- August 15 – County Treasurer to sell delinquent taxes.
- 3rd Monday in December or before – Local clerks must turn over
tax roll to local treasurers.