CHILD SUPPORT ONLINE SERVICES (CSOS)
Child support participants are encouraged to obtain access to the online services program (CSOS) maintained by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families. Both recipients and payers of child support will find this new service very useful. The website is secure and limits access to only the custodial and non-custodial participants in a case. Upon obtaining access, this website offers many services not previously available including:
- The ability to view and print all payments made or received in your case in the last 30, 60, or 90 days, the current year to date and the last calendar year.
- Participants may view and print balances by court case, balances owed specifically to the custodial parent and balances on other related debts.
- Participants may print payment coupons needed for sending payment to the Wisconsin Support Collections Trust Fund payment center.
- The ability to view and update current address and phone number information directly into the KIDS computer system.
- The ability to view some case events, including appointments and scheduled hearings that have occurred on the case in the last 180 days.
- Viewing real-time data. Payment data is added to KIDS during the overnight batch processing.
CSOS is designed as a user friendly, self service application. Obtaining access to CSOS is easy. First time users need to create and activate a new Logon account. Start the process by clicking on “Sign up or Sign in” on the Wisconsin Child Support Program homepage. You will proceed to the Welcome to Wisconsin Child Support Online Service screen where you can begin the three step process of 1. Registering for a Login ID, 2. Requesting a KIDS Key, and finally step 3. Activating your account. A short video is also available on this screen to explain and assist with the activation process.
The Child Support Agency currently receives numerous requests to provide the same information that is now available online. Using Child Support Online Services will allow you to obtain the information you need regarding your support case quickly and from the comfort of your home.
The Child Support Agency does have a public work station in the office available for your use if you do not have internet availability at home. Agency staff is also available to assist you with your CSOS access request if necessary.