Bayfield County Department of Human Services
Crisis Services Available
Mental health crisis services are available by calling (866) 317-9362 for help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Crisis Center is staffed by mental health professionals trained in crisis intervention.
Click here for more crisis information throughout Wisconsin
Protect and improve the quality of life.
Bayfield County mental health providers
Building on a foundation of motivated and dedicated staff, providers,and adequate resources, the Department of Human Services will promote integrated services that are valued. This will be accomplished by partnering with individuals and a responsive and proactive community. What we do will make a difference!
117 East Fifth Street
P.O. Box 100
Washburn, Wisconsin 54891-0100
Elizabeth Skulan, Director
(715) 373-6144 Voice/TDD
(715) 373-6130 Fax
ADRC of the North
ADRC Resource Directory Link
Human Services News:
ACCESS to Eligibility Support Services for Health and Nutrition
ACCESS is a free, easy-to-use internet tool that can help you or someone you know to:
- Find out which low or no-cost health, nutrition and other programs you might be eligible for.
- Apply online for FoodShare, Medicaid/BadgerCare and the Family Planning Waiver Program.
- Get answers to common questions.
Contractor Information Update
The Bayfield County Department of Human Services is updating its file of eligible carpenters and plumbers. No amount of work is guaranteed and is on an as needed basis. Interested parties may contact the department at (715) 373-6144 to request a paper application or they may fill out this online form.
|Monday||8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
Get more information
- Get the Department of Human Services Staff Listing with phone numbers (PDF)
- Get the Department of Human Services Brochure (PDF)
- Download the Department's 2011 Annual Report (PDF)
- Refer to the Department's HIPAA Privacy Notice (PDF)
How to Find Us in the Bayfield County Courthouse
- Get the map Directions to Human Services (PDF)
We are handicapped accessible with an elevator on the west entrance of the building (117 East Fifth Street).