- Bayfield County provides a comprehensive employee benefits package. Depending upon employment status, benefits may include: Medical with Health Reimbursement Account, Disability and Term Life insurance; participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System; Tuition Reimbursement, and a variety of voluntary benefits including Dental, Vision, Accident Insurance, Deferred Compensation, Whole Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and others.
State of Wisconsin Employee Trust Fund (etf) health insurance:
Eligible employees have the option to apply for health insurance and dental coverage.
- 2021 Local Deductible Health Plan Decision Guide (PDF)
- 2021 ETF Health Insurance Application/Change Form (PDF)
- 2021 Delta Dental Enrollment Form (PDF)
The Group Health Cooperative of Eau Claire is one of the providers available through the State Health Plan. 1-888-203-7770
Enrolled employees may contact Navitus for all pharmacy related questions. 1-844-268-9789
Teamster Health and dental Plan:
This health insurance plan is available to all permanent Highway Department staff.
Health Reimbursement Account:
Employees that participate in either the Teamster Health Plan qualify for a Health Reimbursement Account managed by Vantage Flex. Funds placed in these accounts by the county are utilized by employees to offset the high deductible health plan.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT:
A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) lets you set aside money from your paycheck on a pre-tax basis to use for eligible out-of-pocket expenses. Funds are managed by VantageFlex.
Wisconsin Department of Employee Trust Funds (ETF):
- -Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- -Group Term Life Insurance
- -Income Continuation Insurance (ICI)
Regular Part-Time and Full-Time Employees may choose to enroll in the following benefits. All premiums or contributions for these benefits are paid by the employee through payroll deductions.
Deferred compensation "457 Plan":
The 457 plan is a type of non-qualified, tax advantaged deferred-compensation retirement plan that is available for governmental and certain non-governmental employers in the United States. The employer provides the plan and the employee defers compensation into it on a pre-tax basis.
Bayfield County works with 3 companies that employees may choose from for their Deferred Compensation Plan:
- Nationwide, Eric Glinsky firstname.lastname@example.org 877-677-3678
- FTJ Fund Choice, Ron Gloe email@example.com 866-708-3894
- Wisconsin Deferred Compensation through ETF 877-457-9327
Whole life insurance:
Voluntary Whole Life Insurance is available through Boston Mutual Life Insurance. 877-624-2249
Voluntary dental coverage is available through Delta Dental. 800-236-3712
new voluntary benefits:
Starting in 2021, Bayfield County is now offering employees the opportunity to enroll in Delta Vision Insurance as well as Accident Insurance through Securian.
Voluntary vision coverage is available through Delta Dental. 800-236-3712
- Short Term Disability
- Cancer Care
- Critical Care
- Accident Advantage with optional Rider