County Forest Land Use Plan 2021-2035 Updates
Chapters available for review
On February 17, 2020, the Forestry and Parks Committee approved draft Chapters 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 and 600. Each chapter was available for public review and input. Comments were due by March 6, 2020. On March 9, 2020 the Forestry and Parks Committee reviewed all comments received and approved final versions of the chapters listed above.
On April 13, the Forestry and Parks Committee approved a draft of Chapter 700. This chapter addresses various road and trail infrastructures, as well as recreation on the county forest. Comments for Chapter 700 were due on May 8. On May 11, 2020 the Forestry and Parks Committee reviewed all comments received and approve a final version of Chapter 700.
On July 13, the Forestry and Parks Committee approved a draft of Chapters 800 (Integrated Resource Management) and 4000 (Barrens Management). A draft of each chapter is now available for public review and comment (please use the comment form listed below). The deadline for public comment is noon on August 7. All comments received will be compiled and shared with the Forestry and Parks Committee during their next meeting on August 10. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, that meeting may include remote meeting options. Information on how to participate in that meeting will be listed on the agenda.
Below are a few remarks to consider when reviewing each available chapter:
1. The Table of Contents has not been completed. This portion of each chapter will be addressed once the entire document has been finalized.
2. The yellow highlights in each draft indicate areas that still need to be addressed, primarily inserting the appropriate number for each table. Table numbers will be finalized once the entire document has been compiled.
3. Most chapters contain references to items that can be found in the Appendix. The development of the Appendix is still in process and will be one of the last sections of the plan to be addressed. In the meantime, if you are interested in reviewing some of the documents that are referenced in each chapter, many can be found online.
4. The Appendix and Chapter 3000 (a summary of Integrated Resource Management Units) are the remaining chapters of the plan and will be addressed during a future Forestry and Parks Committee meeting. Each chapter will be available for public review and input once approved by the Committee.
5. Once all chapters have been approved by the Committee, the entire document will be compiled and available for another round of public review and input.
The final version of each previously approved chapter is listed below. If you would still like to submit a comment on a specific chapter, please use the online form (a link to the form is below).