Register of Deeds
The Register of Deed's office is the official repository for all real estate records. Some of the most common are:
- Mortgages and Satisfactions
- Federal Tax Liens
- Financing Statements
- Plats and Certified Survey Maps
Required Identification for Vital Records Purchase
Please allow at least 30 minutes for processing vital records.
Include a copy of a valid photo ID with your vital record request.
Acceptable forms of identification are one of the following:
- Out-of-State driver's license or photo ID card
- Wisconsin driver's license
- Wisconsin photo ID
- Check or bank book
- Government issued employee ID card or badge with photo
- Health insurance card
- Major credit card
- Recent dated, signed lease
- Recent utility bill or traffic ticket
- U.S. Passport
Copies of Recorded Documents The cost for copies of recorded documents are $2 for the first page and $1 for each additional page of the same document. A certified copy of a document is a $1 additional fee.
Purchase Real Estate Records Online Click Here - Tapestry
Wisconsin Real Estate Transfer Fees
$3 per $1000
Instructions and fee schedules are explained on the Wisconsin Department of Revenue Real Estate Transfer Form (eRETR).