Trail status and conditions: (updated 3/19/20)
Effective immediately, Bayfield County Snowmobile and ATV/UTV trails are closed for the season. ATV/UTV trails will re-open when conditions allow as determined by each respective landowner or trail manager, usually sometime in late April/early May. The Tri-County Corridor and ATV/UTV road routes remain open as usual.
Updates since the last map was printed
Note: a new ATV/UTV map will be printed in Dec. 2019 for 2020-2021
Road routes added on County Highways since 2018 (as of Sept. 2019 County Board meeting):
- County Hwy H (Scenic Drive West to E Knutson Drive) - .512 miles
- County Hwy H (W Knutson Drive to South McCarry Lake Road) - .981 miles
- County Hwy H (North McCarry Lake Road to Busky Bay Drive) - .964 miles
- County Hwy M (Old Grade Road/FR 191 and East Lake Five Road) - 1.1 miles
- County Hwy H (Horstman Road to Finger Lake Road) - 4.48 miles
- County Hwy H (between Scenic Drive intersections) - 3.81 miles
- County Hwy G (USH 2 east to Pristash Road) - 2 miles
- County Hwy J (Highway 13 to Highway 13) - 8.24 miles
- County Hwy I - .7 miles
- County Hwy C (Big Pine Trail to Siskiwit Lake Road) - .25 miles
- County Hwy D (Highway 63 to Camp 8 Road) - 3.25 miles
- County Hwy H (McCarry Lake Road to McCarry Lake Road) - .79 miles
- County Hwy H (Buskey Bay Drive to Wayside Road) - 1.2 miles
- County Hwy D (Triangle Road to Pioneer Road) - 1 mile
- County Hwy C (Big Rock Road to McKinley Road) - 1 mile
There are some areas that have more connectivity now that some portions of County highway have been opened as routes. One major change is that you can now ride all the way through to Red Cliff. A new map will be printed soon - hopefully before the end of the year.
When trails are open:
Please report any downed trees or other issues as soon as possible to the Bayfield County Forestry & Parks Department at 715-373-6114.
As always, riders should use caution when out on the trails. Please stay on the designated trails and routes and follow the trail signs. Be aware that there may be grooming equipment on the trails.
Road routes and the Tri-County Corridor are open year ’round. This includes many forest roads that are designated on the map.
For visitor information or to receive a current Bayfield County ATV / UTV map, you can also contact the Tourism Department.