The hills surrounding Lake Superior provide a micro-climate that is perfect for growing fruit - especially apples and berries! More than 20 farms throughout Bayfield County are ready to provide you with high quality local foods including meat, poultry, fruit, vegetables and value-added products like maple syrup, jams and jellies, cheese, wine and more.
Enjoy a picnic of local foods at the beach or take a little "taste of Bayfield County" home with you. Other local products include:
- Fresh and smoked fish available at commercial fisheries and retail shops
- Wine, hard cider, beer, spirits and spritzers at area wineries/breweries/distilleries
- Handmade candy, fudge and chocolates
- Artisan bread and bakery items
- Local maple syrup, honey, jams, jellies & mustards