Orchards & Farms
The hills surrounding Lake Superior provide a micro-climate that is perfect for growing fruit - especially apples and berries! More than 20 farms throughout Bayfield County are ready to provide you with high quality local foods including meat, poultry, fruit, vegetables and value-added products like maple syrup, jams and jellies, cheese, wine and more.
Enjoy a picnic of local foods at the beach or take a little "taste of Bayfield County" home with you. Other local products include:
- Fresh and smoked fish available at commercial fisheries and retail shops
- Wine, hard cider and spritzers at area wineries
- Handmade candy, fudge and chocolates
- Artisan bread and bakery items
Here is a list of area farms (PDF) with additional information.
There are also numerous Farmer's Markets around the area:
- Bayfield - Saturdays, 9 a.m. to Noon (3rd Street and Manypenny Avenue)
- Cable - Saturdays, 8 a.m. to Noon (UCC parking lot; 13445 County Highway M)
- Cornucopia - Thursdays, 3 to 6 p.m. (at the beach)
- Iron River - Fridays/Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Highway 2 and Fire Lake Road)
- Port Wing - Saturdays, 9 a.m. to Noon (Town Hall Pavilion)
- Washburn - Wednesdays, 3 to 7 p.m. (North Coast Coffee parking lot)
- Northern Garden of Life - Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturdays/Sundays, 8 a.m. to Noon (26780 Cherryville Road)