The spacious Bayfield County Fairgrounds is located just outside of Iron River, WI. The Fairgrounds provides many amenities for your event; whether it be a horse show, car show, race, festival, swap meet, or family reunion. There are many possibilities!
Available at the Bayfield County Fairgrounds:
- Flush Toilets
- Pay Showers
- 47 Camp Sites (Primitive Available)
- Open Areas
- Indoor Meeting Rooms @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Tables & Chairs
- Three Open-Sided Pavilions
- Picnic Tables
- Four Arenas (Two with Bleachers)
- Two Dressage Rings @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Three Horse Barns
- Other Animal Barns
- Dirt Track
- Portable Bleachers
- Portable PA System @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
There is also a dirt track in front of the grandstand. Everything from horse races, bull riding, Moto-X races, ATV races, various types of car races, and live musical performances have been part of the track and grandstand history. The grandstand was built in 1993 and seats 1,250 spectators. It has 22 rows and a covered steel frame with metal siding exterior walls, kick-boards, back and side railings, and is handicap accessible. There are also permanent bleachers set up next to two of the arenas. Five sets of portable bleachers are also available.
The fee for renting the Bayfield County Fairgrounds is $200 for the first day of your event and $175 for each additional day. A deposit is required with the rental contract. Along with the rental fee, $25 per hour will be charged for our groundskeepers' time incurred during or after your event if needed (two hours included free of charge). There is a partial day rental option if you need to set up and utilize the grounds for the event the day before it begins.
Contact the Fair office for more details if you're interested in renting the Fairgrounds at (715) 373-6125, ext. 7 or email the Fair Office.